Rural Rebellion Brewing

When I was 10, we went rafting down the Klamath river. We were told this was the last season of rafting as a damn was being built the next year.

So 40+ years later, the Feds are saying the dam was a bad idea, we need to remove that resource? It pretty much kills off a lot of farming and ranching.

Ironically, at the same time China is building dams so big some scientists have theorized it could put the earth into a slight wobble.

I love this type of thing. Maybe all cops aren't douches. Who would of thought?

Just to bad it's the exception and not the rule these days. I know quite a few good officers, even ride with some and wish they all could be like them. Problem is they aren't and when they start looking at their job like those in the article they become henchmen for the government. What was once "To protect and serve" is now "Harass and ticket"

I've met a lot of good peace officers. Typically, the ones that are dicks, are rookies that are out to save the world by ticketing and arresting everyone. Veteran officers know to pace themselves, can't ticket/arrest everyone, and public support is critical.

Now with every government in California going bust, I see the push for switching from "To Serve and Protect" to "To Ticket and Collect". I never argue with someone with a gun and if you act like an ahole, it makes it easier to choose to ticket you and let the next guy slide.

Anyone who is troubled by some of the ecology movements, should read the book "Eco-nomics". Excellent read. (135 pages as I recall)

In summation: It is easy for someone to give up land if it is YOUR land. When THEY are the owners of the land, it's harder for them to surrender the land.

Examples in the book:

A farmer had an endangered species wood pecker roost in an area. He was forbidden to do anything in the area. He soon clear-cut other areas. When asked why, he said that he couldn't afford having the woodpeckers spread and lock him out of more land, so he cut down the trees.

The Audubon Society owns a bird sanctuary. They allow gas drilling on the property as the money generated allows them to fund other projects.

In almost every sentence of that article I kept thinking......"hmmm, the pot growing economy up there must be going bust..." LOL It's the only thing that keeps those northern counties working.

:busted: they keep the snack food industry going.......mmmm a burger sounds good about now:D

We have to elect new blood. Get the old blood out and new, not corrupt ones in. Imo most househlod names are already against us. They are already owned. We need to elect no names create a ground swell of new politicians that work for us not them!

We have to elect new blood. Get the old blood out and new, not corrupt ones in. Imo most househlod names are already against us. They are already owned. We need to elect no names create a ground swell of new politicians that work for us not them!

We at least have to put term limits on these fools and take away that golden parachute of a retirement they get......make it less desirable to become a career politician:foul:

• Like 1