Sign in to follow this  

A little confused on which 450?

I bought a Mint 05 RMZ 450 ($1,800) about 6 weeks ago... the first 4 stroke motocross bike I ever owned or ridden after spending my first 3 years of riding two strokes (still have them). I raced the RMZ @ the end of the season and really have grown to love it. Was out practice riding with my son yesterday and pitted next to a guy with a 03 CRF 450 and we got talking throughout the day and eventually decided to ride each others bikes. I wasn't too interested about riding his bike as the grips were shot, levers bent, chain looked nasty, nasty plastic and the bike was generally clapped out.

I got out on the track and to my surprise the bike felt awesome, the engine was smoOther... the suspension was plusher, the bike was a 5 speed and shifted very clean. The bike felt lighter and slimmer and by the second lap I was clearing everything and having a blast throwing it into turns as easy as my RMZ or so it seamed. We got back to the pits and I told my new friend I love his bike and he said good, now give it back!

I'm torn now what to do cause I really liked the Honda and my Son and I have a tradition of the same uni's, bike brands, matching numbers and graphics and he really likes his new RM and we were about to get custom graphics for the new Zooks?

Was it me or maybe just His bike was a freak?

Edited by RCN4HIM

See if he'll like the cr85. So far I like the way Kawis feel in the 450's but I don't ride many of them. Still on the 2T. I did ride a crf250 with nice suspension that I really liked once in third gear.

Would like to try a 2012 Honda 450. Picked one up yesterday (physically.lol) and felt super light compared to the previous ones. Threw it on a stand like it was my CR. Maybe even less.

Tough call, although now it will bug your concience for a long time. Looking forward to hearing if it was just that bike or most of the crfs.