Sign in to follow this  

KX 80 Oil Change

I am in the middle of changing the oil in my '00 KX 80 and I ran into a problem. I added a whole quart of oil thinking there was a oil level check bolt but I can't find it! There is also no oil level sight either.

I should have added the proper amount of oil to begin with. :busted:

Should I drain all of the new oil out and just starting from the beginning again?

Thanks,

Joe

Somewhere on that sides sidecase will be a number saying something like ".70l or 700ml" Even if it's 650ml or something to that effect. just go ahead and drain it all into a clean container the use a measureing device, (Ratio rite cup) and pour in the recommened amount. Ratio rite maxes out at 500, so I'm sure you'll figure it out. 500 + 200=700.

Somewhere on that sides sidecase will be a number saying something like ".70l or 700ml" Even if it's 650ml or something to that effect. just go ahead and drain it all into a clean container the use a measureing device, (Ratio rite cup) and pour in the recommened amount. Ratio rite maxes out at 500, so I'm sure you'll figure it out. 500 + 200=700.

I was afraid this was the only answer. I was hoping someone would call me an idiot and say there was an oil level check bolt. :busted:

Thanks for the help I am going to do it tonight!

I was afraid this was the only answer. I was hoping someone would call me an idiot and say there was an oil level check bolt. :busted:

Thanks for the help I am going to do it tonight!

lol I am going to come out and call you an idiot, anyways because you didn't look before you added the oil.....

It no problem. Everyone has to start somewhere. Usually at the beginning.

Learn, Retain, Pass on.

No one likes an @$$-O who think they were born a pro. There's many of these guys in the MX world.

I looked before I added the oil. That's how I knew I added too much oil...

I just figured there was a bolt like on many dirt bikes where you drain the excess out afterwards.

SAPPERS like you said, everybody has to start somewhere :busted: