xr400 compaired to xr650r

I have a xr650r and have planned on turning it into a super moto or a duel sport bike. I am riding trails on it now but it has so much torq that its crazy and is a bit on the heavy side. I guess this questions I have are geared toward you guys that have rode both bikes. How do the two compaire in the power, suspention, seat height and maintanance areas? The 650r is a moose of a bike and I love it but would like something lighter and a bit shorter. Im thinking even a cr 250 or crf 250. Im gonna sell a R6 and buy a trail bike and love XRs. The 650r is the first 4 stroke I have ever owned but I have rode several XRs over the years. I like not mixing that @%$# :busted: oil every time I fill up.

My buddy used to let me swap out my XR4 for his XR650 every now and then. Agreed, the thing is a Hoss of a bike. I think the 650 would make a great Supermoto. The 650 power is almost explosive compared to the 400. On trails, especially anything technical, the 650 requires lots of throttle finesse.

I think you'd be very happy with an XR4. It's smooth, roll on power won't try to pull you're arms out of their sockets. Put some money into the suspension and you'll have a very nice trail bike.

I have both, I mean had. Gave the 650R to my grandson for his 15th Bday. I got the 650R thinking I'd give him the 400R, but I decided I liked riding the 400 more when off-road (woods, rocks, etc). I expect I'll end up with another 650R some day cause I sure miss the power and cargo carrying on the long DS rides. The 400R is too cramped when hauling camping gear.