Sign in to follow this  

New Pit Bike Questions

So I just traded my banshee for a pit bike and some cash. (Made some money and got a free toy!) The thing is pretty beat but has a fairly new lifan 125cc motor under it. Where is a good place to get parts? Needs a new rear tire (someone did some burnouts), levers and some plastic. From what I can tell it's an SSR with a 12 front tire and 10 inch in the back. It has an extended swing arm and I'm wondering if I can go bigger in the back or should I just replace the tire. Also he told me they snapped a few chains after they put the lifan in. What's a beefy chain so my buddies and I can ride it? Thanks

Cool thanks. Going to tear it down soon and order up some stuff. It's a fun little ride and worth some TLC. My son is happy that I have my own dirt bike now. He says I'm too big for his z50r. Have you ever seen a grown man ride a 50 with training wheels? It's pretty funny!

He says I'm too big for his z50r. Have you ever seen a grown man ride a 50 with training wheels? It's pretty funny!

Get those training wheels off!!! They inspire the young ones to learn improper riding habbits.

I will but he's four and doesn't ride it much yet anyway. Can't even get he's feet all the way to the ground.