Sign in to follow this  

Setup tips for 09 250 XC

I just bought a used 09 250XC and need some setup tips. What do you guys recommend for gearing? 14-50 is stock right? I've only ridden it on the street so I don't have much of an opinion on the gearing yet, just wanted to know where you guys are at. Also which powervalve spring should I run? I have whatever is in it now, a red one and a black one.

haha, sometimes things get shoved down the list and missed. this is the first I have seen your post.

anywho, both those are really personal preferences. Terrain, rider skill and preference dictate. no way we know what you will like.

But, I would suggest always running stock gearing before deciding you need to make a change. The manufacturers put a lot of R&D into that sort of thing. of course, they can't provide perfect gearing for every situation. also know that changing gearing is a give and take, good and bad, a compromise.

same with PV. stock should be yellow. ride it stock and then make the adjustment according to what you need, or feel you need.

plus, a search will yield much on this subject as well...

BTW, congrats and welcome to our little band of misfits. :busted:

Where you ride makes all the difference. Tight woods or fire roads?

I run stock gearing and like it. The red spring is fun until it spits you off on an off camber hill climb.