Sign in to follow this  

09-11 Optional OEM flywheels

Searching through the Motosport microfichce I came upon a couple of optional flywheels for the FI Kawis.

Part # 21007B

Rotor, I=9.5

Part # 21007A

Rotor, I=8.5

Can anyone tell me what these are/what this means? Are either of these flywheels heavier than stock??

9.0 is the standard, 9.5 heavier, 8.5 lighter. It's just they're quoted in inertia terms as it's inertia that's important for flywheels more than mass, although the two are related. I used the 9.5 on my '11 450 and was very happy with the results on slick tracks. I'm looking to sell it at the minute but being in Ireland it'll be no use to you...

9.0 is the standard, 9.5 heavier, 8.5 lighter. It's just they're quoted in inertia terms as it's inertia that's important for flywheels more than mass, although the two are related. I used the 9.5 on my '11 450 and was very happy with the results on slick tracks. I'm looking to sell it at the minute but being in Ireland it'll be no use to you...

Great information :busted:

Still, I wonder what that 9.5 weighs :busted:

$335...I don't know if it's cost-effective or not because I don't know what the weight is, that's kind of why I started this thread and asked if anyone knew the weights. :busted:

Sorry I can't answer your question or mine! lol :busted: