Sign in to follow this  

how does a 250t compare to 450f

have an 07 kx450f now and i am thinking about going to a 250 2 stroke, for those who have ridden both could you help me out. how does the power compare, is the 250 power easier being less torque or is it snappy on the powerband? unfortunatelyi dont have one to try out, i have ridden 125t in the past(10yrs ago) but they dont compare to these two bikes.

thanks

Different two stroke brands have different engine characteristics. The yz250 has a smooth powerband with lots of low end. I have a kx250 that comes on pretty hard in the midrange and revs out good. I have a flywheel weight to help the low end.

I went from a 450 to a 250t and am able to control the power alot better. No matter what you get you will adapt to the power band. The 450 was fund but I love my 2t.

Obviously the power isn't as much as a 450 but its def more than a 250 thumper.

Different two stroke brands have different engine characteristics. The yz250 has a smooth powerband with lots of low end. I have a kx250 that comes on pretty hard in the midrange and revs out good. I have a flywheel weight to help the low end.

I went from a 450 to a 250t and am able to control the power alot better. No matter what you get you will adapt to the power band. The 450 was fund but I love my 2t.

Obviously the power isn't as much as a 450 but its def more than a 250 thumper.

:thumbsup:thanks, im thinking of doing the switch,i am just starting to do some mx and plan on doing alot more next year, i think 2t will be a better option for me, cheaper rebuilds and maint., i have heard that yamaha has smooth power on their motors even the 450's so i think they are a good option for me.

thanks for your input

The smoothest powerband on a stock MX smoker that you will find is the KTM 250 SX. When I ride my friend's YZ 250, it feels super frantic compared to my 250 SX, and he is running a FWW! It is fairly easy and cheap to adjust the power characteristics on any 250 smoker, but it's the easiest and cheapest (free) on KTMs, as they have the adjustable PV.

Despite this feature, I would recommend that you not worry about the brand of a 250 smoker--buy on price and condition. All the late model smokers were solid bikes, and they can easily be tuned to your preferences.

have to look into the ktm, not many people i see run them, i think one shop by my work sells them. so far im not hearing anyone saying to stay with the 450, think i will be shopping this winter if i can sell the 450