What rear inner tube for a big bore thumper?

So I hate changing tubes. I was wondering what you all run in your TT500's, etc. I run a 4.00 18 on my TR5MX. I'm starting my off season parts collecting. I break bikes more often than others......

Also any advice on do all that can be done to prevent the tire moving on the rim is much appreciated. So much wheel spin :busted:

Alex

Edited by canammx1

What type of lube you using to mount the tire? If you use something that remains slippery that can easily make it slip. I try to avoid double locks as it makes tire changes more of a PITA than normal, but that may be your only option.

I run 2 rim locks. I use dish soap which I suppose too much of it could be a large contributing factor.

Yeah straight dish soap could be a major factor!

I use a spray bottle with a few drops of dish soap or simple green in water.

If you are slipping the tire with double locks theres a definite issue! I didnt have that issue with a modded CR500...

Yeah straight dish soap could be a major factor!

I use a spray bottle with a few drops of dish soap or simple green in water.

If you are slipping the tire with double locks theres a definite issue! I didnt have that issue with a modded CR500...

I think I may have failed to bead the tire correctly. So now that I have my methods fixed. What is a long lasting durable rear tube?

Are you running AHRMA or VDRNW. The steel rim is the problem. I ran a steel rim for a long time on my B50mx and had to run about 20 lb. to sorta keep it from slipping. Changed to an aluminum rim and it pretty much fixed the problem.

AHRMA

And I prefer to keep it original looking.

I have a Ultra Heavy Duty inner tube. It looks like a tire without knobs on it.

Unless you burn up rear tires often, have a Mousse insert installed. Let the rear wheel spin all it wants. No air valve to rip out!

She eats tires. I am going to get a good tube, rim tape rather then replacing my broken rubber strip, new rim locks, and all should work out.