Sign in to follow this  

2012 KX 450: Where to buy parts & what fits

Guys, keep the unrelated chatter/comments to a minimum. Lets make this very objective and concise so it can be useful with out a lot of searching.

Where can I buy the following aftermarket parts for a 2012 Kx 450:

1. Subframe-OEM is $400 plus. Would like to find aftermarket.

2. Number plates -front number plate for a 2011 will fit 2012, correct? Where can we get 2012 number plates?

3. Radiator Braces- Will 2011 radiator braces fit the 2012?

U can get radiator braces for the 2012 from btosports.com.. as for the other stuff im not sure.

I could be wrong, but I doubt very much you'll find after market subframes.

im waiting for one of the plastic manufacterours to come out with an all black plastic kit for my 12. i check every other day but very little available yet. rumors that acerbies well have them mid to end nov.

Don't buy a seat for an 09-11 thinking it will fit either - I bought a high seat from SDG based on bad advice and while it's close the seat pan would have required too much hacking to make it look ok.

The frame is slimmer thats like the most noteworthy change thats happened to these kx450s in years. Thats one of the first parts i would have assumed are no longer interchangeable.

Has anyone had any luck with or tried a lowering link for the rear, Or does anyone here feel it is necessary?

Just wondering if there would be any be benefit to this mod.

Thanks