Sign in to follow this  

Which springs for a KTM 525?

Heavy guy at about 240 nekid. Issue is my load varies considerably because we occasionally camp off the bikes with about 25-30lbs of gear, but I'll also day trip ride the bike unloaded. General riding is trail riding with some faster double track here and there. I think I would like something softer than your typical motocross suspension but still totally solid for light airs at high speed and big deep bumps... About 70-80% of the riding is with no camping gear.

I currently ride the stock springs in the fork and a Eibach 8.1 in the rear (which is what the bike came with).

What would you guys recommend for this setup? Progressive springs a good idea? Something like a Eibach even 10kg spring or so?? And which fork springs?

thanks

I also forgot to mention the forks were gone through by Precision Concepts. Not sure what they installed other than their valves. I'm thinking the PDS-4 ( =8.5/11.1 - 250lbs) would be good. Not sure one what I should do for the forks still and open to options. I figured the progressives would be good because they'd get stiffer with weight.

This said I can always just adjust the sag of the linear springs if I'm loaded. I think that would work.. ?

A friend sold me a PDS-3 last night for cheap. I just took it because it's a good day. This will go a long way I think but I think I should probably get on PSD-4. I'm on a 8.0 eibach right now that is too soft.