Sign in to follow this  

What year exc 200?

Hi all, been on this site before but as always never registered until i need your help lol. i know the site is predominantly american and im not sure if there's much difference between models of bikes in US/UK but is there any way of telling me what year my bike is?

when i bought it (as a restore proj.) i was told it was a 2005 but i have my doubts lol... any help appreciated, thanks!

?action=view&current=IMG_2082.jpg

yep, definitely not an 05, the frame is round by the airbox instead of oval. you can see the difference from my 05 in my garage. the rear # plate are missing or been modified to resemble the newer bikes.

I agree, early 2000's model.

the 10th digit in on the VIN should identify the year. 2001 = 1, 2002 = 2, etc.

Thanks for the quick response lads, the guy in a shop near me said maybe 03 or 04. I'll check the VIN, if it's even present lol. On the side of the yoke it should be right? Unfortunately I have no other pics before I stripped it down lol.

Thanks for the quick response lads, the guy in a shop near me said maybe 03 or 04. I'll check the VIN, if it's even present lol. On the side of the yoke it should be right? Unfortunately I have no other pics before I stripped it down lol.

04 had the newer shrouds. that bike has the smaller forks on it as well. I don't think it's an 03 either due to that.