Sign in to follow this  

250XC or 300XC - Where is best to buy?

I recently have decided to race a hare scramble series next year (MAXC in Indiana) and decided that I would like to buy a new KTM to compete on. I have narrowed down my search to either a '11 or '12 250XC or 300XC. Obviously I would rather have the '12 but depending on the price, I may settle for an '11.

Does anyone have any suggestions on dealers in the midwest where I can find the best price? I obviously have time to be patient and wait for the right deal to come up but I am looking for a place to start asking to get a grip on what the market is.

I have not eliminated the idea of buying a used bike either but I haven't seen all that many come up for '11 or '12 bikes yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sorta far for you but AOMC (KTM-parts.com) Had several 12 and 11 XC's on the floor when I picked up my 250 SX. Decent price, cant give number off the top of my head.

Sorta far for you but AOMC (KTM-parts.com) Had several 12 and 11 XC's on the floor when I picked up my 250 SX. Decent price, cant give number off the top of my head.

Thank you. I will give them a call. Anyone else have any suggestions? I contacted KTM World (I think thats the name) in GA and they were basically asking for MRSP. Should I expect to pay MRSP or is it possible to get a 2012 250XC for $7500 or so OTD?

I would sell you my 2012 250XC for $7500

I don't think that would make sense since $7500 is about the same as I have been quoted for new ones. I appreciate the offer though. (Being in BC and I am in Indiana doesn't help matters either)

I didn't expect you to buy it, you are too far away and bikes are much cheaper in the states than they are here in Canada. That bike is $10k out the door up here in the land of 12% sales taxes!

So what can you get a 2011 300 xc for now that the 2012 are out what is a good price?

Motorsport Factory in Waukesha Wi was cheaper than FunMart when I bought mine last year.

I have an 2012 XC and the suspension is OK but they do not turn worth a damn and especially in the tight stuff. You may want to consider the XCW, but be sure and test ride one in the type of terrain you plan ride in. I made the Big mistake of not test riding!