Sign in to follow this  

Crash / Stabilizer question

Man was I happy to finally get out on the bike this weekend. It is a monster in the woods! I had rode it a couple of times sprung WAY to stiff, but fortunately I had the original stock springs put on and it rode like a dream!

My buddy did not have as good of a weekend on his 300 though. He was racing a hare scramble and clipped a tree with the handlebars, went over and landed on his back breaking 5 ribs and putting him in the hospital. Tough for a 46 year old!

I have the GPR on my bike and what I would like to know is if the stabilizer would minimize handlebar movement in the condition my friend got into? I feel comfortable riding mine in the single track on about 3.

It can, but it is not going to prevent a good clip from sending ya over, especially at high speed.

All it really does is slow down the movement that fraction of a second to allow you enough time to react, hopefully. Mine has saved my butt more than a few times. But, I have also crashed with it on...

Best thing is, don't hit the trees..... :busted:

:busted:

It probably does more for something pushing the front tire. I would guess that hitting the handlebar on something it wouldn't do much.

find a nearby tree and fire it up! i think mines saved me a cpl times but iv also clipped trees too fast to matter