250 4stroke bikes with EFI

i'm looking to buy an used late model 250 4stroke with EFI. what model and model year(s) from the big four manufacturers (honda, suzuki, yamaha, kawa) had EFI?

my budget is ideally less than $4500 but definitely less than $5k.

doable?

i'm 6'2" 185lbs, crossing over into offroad/moto from competitive downhill mountain biking. i wont be racing but using offroad/moto for cross training and fun. it is my first bike. i don't wanna get into the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke for beginners, but i simply just want a 4 stroke. :busted:

Have you thought about a dual sport? Some Dual sports are pretty good offroad. You should maybe look into a Yamaha wr250r. I have the super motard version and I still go offroad with it. They have a lot of aftermarket parts, street legal, 26k mile valve checks, They run at like 6000$ new and they are EFI.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/595/1/home.aspx

Yamaha is still a carbed bike. Kawi went to EFI in 11, Honda and Suzuki went to the EFI in 2010. These are the MX models. With enough looking and haggling, you MIGHT be able to pick up a left over 11 KX250F for 5k. I have found a few in my area in the $5200 range. It will be fairly hard to find a lightly used EFI 250 for $4500.

A WR250R (or X) socom is talking about has EFI.

I am pretty sure you can buy a '08 within your budget. I did and I love it. I don't do much dirt but if you search for a R you'll be happy.

Check out this site. Lots of info and sometimes good deals. Location might be a problem, although it might be worth a nice road trip.

Good luck!