Sign in to follow this  

98 rm 250

wanted to no what to mix the fuel at i was told 40:1 also what oil to run in the trans whats a good oil to mix the fuel with

As a general rule, 10-40 for almost every bike out there. But almost any oil will work no problem as long as it doesn't have friction modifiers in it. Some guys run ATF with good results.

40:1 is ok for trail riding, and 80wt motorcycle trans oil is the same as 10w40. Maxima makes a good oil, and so does Spectro. I use either of these in my two strokes. If you plan on ripping quite a bit than go with 32:1, but beware that it is a leaner mixture.:busted:

You use the pre-mix ratio the bike is jetted for - simple as that. If the previous owner had it jetted for 40:1, run 40:1. It does not matter if you are riding trails, MX, supercross, freestyle, desert enduro - you should run what the carb is jetted for.

Different uses can benefit from a different premix (depending on average engine speed/wear/etc) in which case the carb should be rejetted for the 20:1 or 50:1 or whatever mix you run.

Jets have nothing to do with your oil fuel mix.... The right mix is 32:1 abit less power but will save u money in the long run.... 40:1 or even 50:1=your bike will blow up faster. More oil better lube for the piston and rings. Less oil less lube..it's a dirtbike not a chainsaw.. I USE BENOL OIL 93 OCT GAS TRANS I USE BEL-RAY GEAR SAVER

40:1 is ok for trail riding, and 80wt motorcycle trans oil is the same as 10w40. Maxima makes a good oil, and so does spectro. I use either of these in my two strokes. If you plan on ripping quite a bit than go with 32:1, but beware that it is a leaner mixture.:busted:

how is 32:1 a leaner mix it has more oil in it than 40:1 if u call the suzuki dealer thay will tell u 32:1 these bike rap way to many rpms to cheap out and use less oil the power gain aint worth it to me