94 RM 250 to buy or not to buy?

Hey guys a few months ago you helped me with the carb on this bike so I thought i would ask this.

the guy who owns this 94 RM 250 wants me to buy it for 850.00 thats what he paid for it. after working on the bike for him i know what it needs tires, brakes, fork seals, new plastic, etc. motor is sound but i really dont need it that money can buy a lot of parts for my 03 RM 250. My question is what is a good price for a 94? if i buy it I will go all the way and fix everything cant stand a half ass job when it comes to my bikes. my worry is i'm going to sink upwards of 1500 or more in this bike and never be able to get my money back on a re-sale.

looking for some thoughts

I can't imagine how you could replace all that for less than $350 or so, so you would have AT LEAST $1200 into it (IMHO). Is a 94 RM 250 worth $1200? Maybe? Think about the few days it'll take you to acquire and replace the parts. Now it's $1200 and a few days labour.

Sounds like a $500 bike to me. If he thinks it's worth $850, tell him to advertise it for that and see what offers he gets. I bet $500 will start to sound pretty good...