Sign in to follow this  

Does this bike sound funny?

This is a bike I am interested in buying, found it on craigslist. Guy lives far away so I asked him to send me a video just to show that it starts and runs before i make the drive. Sounds like it bogs down. I'm a newb to two strokes. Please comment on this thread, not on youtube

Sounds fine for a 2 stroke with no load on it,crisp needed to warm up and have some load on it but sounds good otherwise

Sounds fine for a 2 stroke with no load on it,crisp needed to warm up and have some load on it but sounds good otherwise

i agree sounded cold very crisp ( maybe a tad lean) , i would do a compression check on it.

• Like 1

You really arent going to be able to get much information from a you tube post. How far is the drive? If you are a newbie to 2 strokes, I would learn more about them before I spent my hard earned money. There are lots of folks out there who will sell a POS to anyone with cash.

Id make him make another video of it idleing after warm.

Id make him make another video of it idleing after warm.

This.. Sounds just like a cold bog .. Not a good idea to rev it like that upon cold start .. Have another video made .. Cold start (have him touch and hold the pipe/jug for a few seconds to prove it's not already warm) let it warm up , thru a few revs , maybe a short ride thru the gears

sounds like the engine was cold when he reved it. It is normal for that to happen. The problem is that if that is how the guy warms up his bike then it might be a basket case waiting to fall apart. A bike should never ever by ran like that cold. That's my opinion. I am certain some would agree.