Sign in to follow this  

Worn Fender - to Filter Box (250sxf)

When I received my used 09 250sxf, a large opening was worn through the Fender to Filter box (77306010000) from the knobs on the rear tire.

Is this normal and can the rubbing on the fender be eliminated?

Byte

not normal, get a longer chain and move the wheel back where it should be, it will handle better too.

this is wat was happening on mine when i first got it, just got a new one, it didnt cost much (about $35) and it hasnt worn much since DSCF7718.jpg

Thanks for advice guys.

That picture shows the same place of the wear in mine, except it was longer in the vertical direction - more like a wide gash.

Armour14 - Will you be installing a longer chain to eliminate this wear in future?

MikeS300 - Thanks for tip, beside this wear in this item how do I confirm if the chain is too short? Why woudl a shorter chain have been installed? If I wanted to replace with a longer chain, can I insert new links into existing chain instead?

Byte

its much more liklely that a larger rear sprocket was installed not a shorter chain, I guess you could add a link or 2 if you can find the exact same chain, you would need another masterlink though too, I would just go buy a chain put the wheel farther back in the slot and cut the new chain to fit.

Mike

Thanks for advice guys.

That picture shows the same place of the wear in mine, except it was longer in the vertical direction - more like a wide gash.

Armour14 - Will you be installing a longer chain to eliminate this wear in future?

MikeS300 - Thanks for tip, beside this wear in this item how do I confirm if the chain is too short? Why woudl a shorter chain have been installed? If I wanted to replace with a longer chain, can I insert new links into existing chain instead?

Byte

Good call Mike. thanks

The 51 sprocket installed looks wornn so i guess I have to replace it anyway.

For MX only, should I go back to a 49 or 48 tooth sprocket?

Byte

mine had 70hrs on it when i got it off a mate, still had original chain and sprockets (48 tooth) and they were pretty worn , put new chain and sprockets, same gearing and chain length with new back tyres and with about 30hrs with the new mudflap it shows minimal wear

what size sprocket you have on now?

Have you tried 49 or 50 tooth?

Byte

thats a choice you need to make, how do you like the gearing now?

Good call Mike. thanks

The 51 sprocket installed looks wornn so i guess I have to replace it anyway.

For MX only, should I go back to a 49 or 48 tooth sprocket?

Byte

i need to try it. bike is out of action atm, as waiting for new wheel brgs to arrive.

byte

i put a 48 tooth back on it, didnt mind how it was but i want to try it with maybe a 49 or 50 to see what its like