Whats up with them 2010 250sx's?

Just sold my 2011 yz450f, now im going to get my self a nice little 2-stroke. I was going to get me a 2006+ yz250, how ever ive came across a 2010 ktm 250sx. I was looking to spend under 3,000, however this Ktm is going to cost me 4,000. The ktm has 15 hours, and is stock except pro-circuit exhaust. So basicly im asking is the KTM worth the extra money, is that a good price?

old man dan is correct in that the 2010 has many of the updates that the newer bikes have. The KTM's come standard with many upgrades that other MFG's skimp on, example hydro clutch, brakes that are out of this world. The 2010 is a linkless suspension, with the aid on a suspension tuner can be made to work very well. The KTM has a dual map programmed into it. Add a simple switch and you can change the power delivery on the fly. Plus the bike has three different power valve springs to adjust when the bike comes into the meat of the power, and beyond the springs and the adjustability to adjust the tension on the spring. So there is infinite adjustment to set the bike up to how you want it. You can make it tame, all the way to wild. Its entirely up to you.

As far as the price, it seems as a decent price. KTM's are a little pricer then their counter parts, but they do hold their value.

I's look at it his way, your looking a a "new" leftover bike that's been broken in... Either way, with the Yami, or the Katoom smoker, you are going to have a tuff time wiping off your face.

Good luck and I hope my rambling helped

should be able to get your money out of it and maybe more if you dont put to many more hours on it, my 10 has 50 hrs on it and hasnt missed a beat and is the best bike I have ever ridden! and the new ones are totally new, the 2012 has linkage but heavier now. to be honest I dont notice a difference between my ktm and a bike with linkage