Sign in to follow this  

Valle de Trinidad hotel?

Planning 4 days of prerun, and am struggling with our first night. Any of you Baja gurus know of a place to sleep in/around Valle de Trinidad? Looking to do a half day ride leaving Ensenada and ending up around RM 90. Thought I remembered someone on here mentioning a place in this area once, but I can't seem to find it. I will be prerunning with one other rider, so small is no problem for us!

Thanks!

Looks like the perfect fit, and bike friendly by their website. Any first hand user reviews?

Thanks!

Looks like the perfect fit, and bike friendly by their website. Any first hand user reviews?

I've stayed here numerous times. It's gated so your belongings are well protected. Beds are cots so bring an extra sleeping bag if you don't want to sleep in the ones provided. It gets pretty cold at night in November. Decent food and they usually have beer. They've made us breakfast burritos before which we took along for prerunning (yummy snack on the lake bed!). They have a game room of sorts and some off-road film is usually on heavy rotation. They have a jacuzzi so ask them to fire it up after a long day or prerunning. Showers and bathrooms are nice (shared). They have a washer/dryer so if you're staying multiple nights, you can have them wash your gear. It's especially convenient when prerunning the Summit. If you don't have a chase truck, you'll just have to buzz up Hwy 3 from Borrego, which takes about 1.5 hours. Make sure to account for this as you may be coming back at night and will need lights on your bike.

Edited by Justin Hambleton

There is a new little hotel right in town. It is right behind the restaurant, just south of the Pemex, about1/4 mile down the main street on the east side.

There is a new little hotel right in town. It is right behind the restaurant, just south of the Pemex, about1/4 mile down the main street on the east side.

This is good to know. It's about time someone opened up a hotel in Valley T.

Is this a 5 star like the outpost? How many rooms?

We ended up staying at Jamau Outpost during a huge rainstorm. Pulled in on our bikes right at sundown. Manuel and Ramon greated us and since we were the only ones there, set us up in the "suite". Having read JH's post about cots, we were prepared to tough out the night on those, but the suite has two beds and its own bathroom with shower! Really nice! Manuel brought us two beers and Ramon started in on dinner. The clothes dryer was a lifesaver as wet as we were. One of those boot dryers from the ski areas would have made this a true spa! Our boots were wet for the next 3 days!

After a great dinner and a couple beers listening to manuel's stories, it was generator off, and lights out. Never slept so good. In the morning Ramon made us another great meal and coffee. I highly recommend this place! Great hospitality, and our bikes were safe inside the locked gates. Besides, it's about 4 miles off hwy 3. Easy to find, with a huge sign right at about km108. Thanks for the info getting us into Jamau!!!

FYI, 2 days later we stopped at Valle de Trinidad for gas and the town was swamped with big rig teams, so I can assume any lodging there was probably taken (we did NOT check though). Would like to know more about that hotel from anyone that has used it though.

They are $40 per night with 2 beds, newly remodeled. Room for a couple bikes. The restaurant out front has pretty good food. The taco stand downtown opened back up for the thousand, some of the best tacos anywhere

The taco stand downtown opened back up for the thousand, some of the best tacos anywhere

mmmmmm Mi Ranchero!!

adobada con queso:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Anyone remember the name, or have a phone number? We stayed there last 500 and I want to call in a reservation...can't find the card.