Sign in to follow this  

05 DRZ 400sm help

I do not know enough to work on my bike, nor Do I have the tools here yet just moved to Imperial Beach Ca. And I am having trouble with my bike, hoping someone in the area is will to help me out? Some kids were messing with my idal screw and I can keep it running now? Battery died! Just On the verge of giving up! Please help!

Does the bike start? If it starts then just dies, I'd guess the idle is set to low. Try turning the idle screw clockwise, that will raise the idle...

Will it turn over at all. SM's turnover very rapidly and easily so if its not turning over then the battery is gone. If it is and not firing it may be fuel or spark. Try what Chris said if that doesn't work then it could be spark so check to make sure your plug wasn't pulled off. Hope this helps.

If you can ... toss your bike on a charger and charge the battery. Then pull the choke out and turn in the idle screw a half to full turn (clockwise) and see what happens :busted: Once fired you can adjust the idle.

I suggest buying a Battery Tender for your bike as these help keep batteries strong :busted: I've had my Battery in my bike for 3 + years and the OEM battery only a year as I didn't have the tender :bonk: