Sign in to follow this  

New bike! kx250f

hey guys, i finally got a new bike :busted:

its an '04 kx250f, and i got it for a steal for $1450, the only thing wrong with it is the clutch will need a new cable soon and the plastics could be better. still runs like a charm though:thumbsup:

DSC04626.jpg

DSC04627.jpg

DSC04628.jpg

DSC04629.jpg

DSC04631.jpg

this thing is very powerful for 250f! maybe it just seems that way because I'm coming off a crf230, but still its a fast bike :busted:

It could also use a two stroke engine. :busted: Just kidding, nice bike.

hahaha i originally wanted a 2 stroke, but i didnt want to deal with mixing gas and sound issues and things like that. i sure do love 2 strokes though :busted: and thank you btw :bonk:

Not trying to start anything here,but if you really wanted a 2-stroke you would have bought one.Mixing fuel for me takes 30 secs,but NICE bike anyway.

i did want one, but i figured the smoother power of a 250f would be better for me to adjust to than the snappy-ness of a 250 2t. lets keep in mind im coming off an extremely heavy and underpowered crf230 here :busted: im sure i will eventually cross over to the 2 stroke world though :busted:

in all honesty, i think a more modern 2stroke 125 (maybe even a 250) has a smoother powerband than a 4stroke 250...

uhhh no..:busted:

have you ridden a 250f? so smooth and easy to ride:thumbsup:

uhhh no..:busted:

have you ridden a 250f? so smooth and easy to ride:thumbsup:

i have and i hate it... the one i rode was obviously jetted wrong or something was up because it didn't make power until half way up the rpms, made no tourque.

i have and i hate it... the one i rode was obviously jetted wrong or something was up because it didn't make power until half way up the rpms, made no tourque.

Do you think your ttr has more power or torque then a 250f? I don't even have a 250f... I have a 200 exc, but 250f's are great, fast bikes, very easy to ride

Wow. Awesome bike & awesome price.

If I could find one at that price I'd buy it, even though I have enough bikes to keep me busy. :busted::thumbsup:

Do you think your ttr has more power or torque then a 250f? I don't even have a 250f... I have a 200 exc, but 250f's are great, fast bikes, very easy to ride

my riding buddy has an 04' crf250r it was when he first got it it was like really ALL top end there was a smidge of low and mid but the jump was like running into a wall. and no that 250 is a pile (atleast in terms of power) but never found a spot i couldn't get out of on it!

but i agree they are easy bikes to ride when you're not WOT all the time!

my riding buddy has an 04' crf250r it was when he first got it it was like really ALL top end there was a smidge of low and mid but the jump was like running into a wall. and no that 250 is a pile (atleast in terms of power) but never found a spot i couldn't get out of on it!

but i agree they are easy bikes to ride when you're not WOT all the time!

They are very easy to ride WFO....

i wouldn't want ride the thing wide open all the time, i guess just didn't really like the way it feels, whatever not going to argue with what you have as long as you have something to ride! :busted: