Sign in to follow this  

Kickstarter question

Ok yall I got the manual everyone told me 2 but it dont say nothin bout this I just tore into the right side of my case 2 fix my kickstarter I thought the spring was broke but when I loosened the bold on the case right above the kickstart the spring started working I continued and took it out and everything looked fine when I put it all back together it worked till I tightened the bolt above it again but if I loosened it just a hair it works again can anyone help me please

I had a YZ that did this stunt once. Disassemble the RH case again and make sure the whitish nylon spacer inside the return spring is not deformed and seated square against the kickstart shaft. It might take some filldling / cleaning to get it right.

My old YZ had a bur in the ID of said spacer. Drove me nuts with exactly the same symptoms.

Thank you I was gettin ready 2 tear into it again decided 2 check if anyone had a solution ill check that

are the 94's the same as the 00 and 01? i know the engine is the same, did the kickstarter assembly change during that time?

i know on my 00 and the 01 there is a specific way that the manual states to put the kickstarter back in or it doesnt work properly.