Sign in to follow this  

us chrome vs millenium tech.?

i need to replate 03 yz 250 cylinder and was looking for any feedback . thank you.

I have not used either of the two you mentioned.

I have used PowerSeal with excellent results. They stripped, welded, bored and plated my damaged '03 YZ250 cylinder for me.

It looked better than new, they even chamfered the port edges nicely.

The total worked out to just under $250 with shipping. It's cheaper if you don't need welding / repairs. I think all three companies charge about the same price.

I've had a few cylinders done by U.S. Chrome with excellent results. If you are in a hurry they may have a cylinder available on a core exchange. Take a look at their Ebay store for cylinders.

I've had 3 cylinders done by U.S. Chrome with good results over the years and would use them again.

I have had cylinders repaired/replated by both companies. Millenium did my GG EC250 cylinder and it needed no finishing before installing. US Chrome did my YZ125 cylinder and I had to lightly sand the power valves to fit due to excessive build up of plating around the ports. They also welded the exhaust port bridge during the repair and it had cracked again less than 1 hour after initial start up and break-in. I will be using Millenium again for future repairs.

Both companies will do an excellent job.

But I have to toot US Chrome's horn for how far above and beyond they went with me. They are good people and will treat you right.

I have had bad taste with Millenium when sending in cylinders as an individual. At the same time, very good luck when working for a large company and having them do work. Same place, same work, same people, very different quality and customer service. Thats just MY opinion from my personal experience.

I've was very happy with an overbore I had done on my 02 YZ250 with PowerSeal. The displayed lots of knowledge of YZ stroke cylinders/heads/power valves, good workmanship, good customer service and reasonable pricing. There are a few companies that get the customer service thing, and I put PowerSeal, Ron Black, and Mylers (for radiator repair) at the top of the list.