Sign in to follow this  

2011 450 wow!!

On the week end I got to run a few laps on my buddies mx track aboard his new 2011 crf450. My current ride is a 280 equipped crf 250 09. My last 450 was the much acclaimed 2008 model. I must say I am really surprised on how much smoother the bike was to ride. Bike seemed to be geared quite tall, and aside from sounding like a vacum cleaner to ride I was extremely impressed. At times I almost thought it was as easy to ride as my own bike and on occasion easier. Front felt a little soft and the run on in corners due to the higher idle speed you run to avoid the flame out would take a little getting used to. Other than that very very good needless to say Im shopping for one now :busted:

On the week end I got to run a few laps on my buddies mx track aboard his new 2011 crf450. My current ride is a 280 equipped crf 250 09. My last 450 was the much acclaimed 2008 model. I must say I am really surprised on how much smoother the bike was to ride. Bike seemed to be geared quite tall, and aside from sounding like a vacum cleaner to ride I was extremely impressed. At times I almost thought it was as easy to ride as my own bike and on occasion easier. Front felt a little soft and the run on in corners due to the higher idle speed you run to avoid the flame out would take a little getting used to. Other than that very very good needless to say Im shopping for one now :busted:

I have one for sale, all the stuff you would do to it to get it ready, i've already done. Save yourself some money!

Yep shipping would not be worth it. I already got a line on a good one now 3-4 hrs use cheap too. Going tomorrow to look / buy it's a 5 hr round trip.:busted:

Try a 2012 and you will be even more surprised ! :busted:

Well I bought the bike Sat, I think it had a few more hours than advertised but still had original tyres ect..not as well presented as I have my bikes :bonk: but still a good deal none the less. Got it home and gave it a thorough going over / clean and it looks much better :busted:. Needs a rear tire, took it out for a ride on sunday at my local MX track holy cow its got some balls :busted: and took most of the day to get accustomed to the new bike (I always take some time to settle in on a new bike) part of getting older and wiser. My only gripe with it was the leaking coolant out of the weep hole. That needs attention as it lost a fair amount of coolant and only noticed it at day's end. A quick inspection and it was evident it has a crook water pump seal. I noticed a drip under it when it started when I was looking at it and enquired he said I just topped it up when I changed oils, and check the coolant and over filled it. It didnt drip while it was ideling so I though it was ok. It's when its revved up hard it comes out the weep hole. I hate dishonest people, if it were me selling it I would fix it first.... bad karma

Can some one give me a quick go through on changing the seal?

I gather I undo the cover and take off the impeller and flick out the seal,how does the impeller come off? I haven't opened it up yet to have a look.

Overall fairly happy at this point.

A yoshi pipe or Akra and your ready to go ! :-)

i just bought a 2012 and love it. I geared up the rear sprocket to a 49 and am definately ordering a Magura hydraulic clutch. Fit and finish is awesome. Love it!