Sign in to follow this  

my poor wrecked drz...what should i do?

Heres one for ya all. I have/had a very loving and she was loved drz. 2006 4,000 miles drzs. yosh exhaust, carb kit, basic mods, etc. It sustained an accident just to the right side. It has been in a shed for over a year, for i had to leave town on emergency. I loved this bike but am afraid that it has been sitting too long. Any ideas-what should i do? It would need handlebars, throttle, water pump...ummm clutch cover, a turn signal....thats about it. thank all

Heres one for ya all. I have/had a very loving and she was loved drz. 2006 4,000 miles drzs. yosh exhaust, carb kit, basic mods, etc. It sustained an accident just to the right side. It has been in a shed for over a year, for i had to leave town on emergency. I loved this bike but am afraid that it has been sitting too long. Any ideas-what should i do? It would need handlebars, throttle, water pump...ummm clutch cover, a turn signal....thats about it. thank all

Wrecked mine too, pmed you

Need to know the extent of the engine damage, moisture intrusion while it sat, likely it was not set up for storage so the carb is likely nasty, if gas leaked in to the case from carb, and you use 10% ethanol mix that crap will eat aluminum…after prolonged exposure.

If your heart is not into the bike, part it….. and walk on. Financially, no DRZ is worth putting back together after a bad wreck or catastrophic engine failure.. Not in resale value or other monetary worth. But if it’s a toy, that entertains you, then money spent does not have to equal cash worth.

.. Have a good look, take some pics post up what you find. If not positive on the engine condition, drop it in a color and send to Eddie.

I think changing parts for newer ones can be an option. I agree with chooken on that.

It has been sitting since last august so I am a little concerned. It was in perfect shape. Perhaps I should just part it and by another bike since the rest of the bike that is not damaged is in perfect shape

Speaking of this to all u pros. I also have an old 1990 rm250 that ran like a bear before i left for emergency. I have never parted out anything but i might give it a shot. any ideas what an otherwise low milege drz and great shape (for the age) rm250 would be worth after parted out? I really want another bike and I am down on cash. thanks guys

I have a KTM 200 EXC that I am going to be parting out. I just searched ebay to see what the different parts are bringing. Put them on my watch list and you have a perfect inventory list of what parts are worth.

if the insides of the crankcase has been exposed to air then I predict lots of rust and problems.

Incidentally, I'm not sure what it would cost to rebuild that motor, but I have seen newer engines for around a thousand bucks on ebay.....everything is pretty basic....perhaps that might not be a bad idea. I'm going to try and get into my mothers shed in the next weekend.

I think a used drz motor with decent mileage is around 1600-1800 range, maybe someonr else wi.ll input