Baja Designs HID kit

I got the B.D light just over a year now works really good will say the d.c conversion is lame you have to jump a wire on the stator and there is

NO freeking room to work (crimp) https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/images/smilies/foul.gifplus cutting and splicing on the outside wires not really fun cutting on factory wiers soooooo. If I did it again KTM HID, PLUG AND PLAY=NO HASSLE costs more but its clean and a no brainer install just my opinion. 530 exc 2010

What the hell is the rectifier? Is that changing the electrical from A/C to D/C?

And I have no clue about the newer one's coming stock DC:excuseme:

What the hell is the rectifier? Is that changing the electrical from A/C to D/C?

And I have no clue about the newer one's coming stock DC:excuseme:

A rectifier turns the ac current from you alternator to dc voltage. Battery voltage=dc house power =ac.

if you turn your key on- and you head light comes on with you motor off, It dc. If it only come on when you start the motor it is ac.

• TT Sponsor
I got the B.D light just over a year now works really good will say the d.c conversion is lame you have to jump a wire on the stator and there is

NO freeking room to work (crimp) https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/images/smilies/foul.gifplus cutting and splicing on the outside wires not really fun cutting on factory wiers soooooo. If I did it again KTM HID, PLUG AND PLAY=NO HASSLE costs more but its clean and a no brainer install just my opinion. 530 exc 2010

The reason behind jump a wire on the stator is to combine both outputs together so that all the voltage goes goes the new rectifier/regulator. The other reason behind splicing the jumper harness into the stock electrical harness is so that the stock handle bar control switch can see DC power.