Sign in to follow this  

KLR... Twin?

I saw this on CL the other day. I contacted the seller but he didn't respond and the ad is now deleted.

I'm curious as to what this group thinks about the bike. This is the only information I have. I've seen one KLE in the area but I can't imagine someone would say a KLE is a KLR w/ a 500 twin in it. Also, the year is wrong for a KLE.

85 klr with ninja 500 motor,6k on motor.inverted forks,new clutch,batt,etc.elect start and street legal.runs great.poss trade for pitbike.

5O55Q65S43n73k03m2bat7064caca027b12f6.jpg

5O45W65S23k43pe3lfbateb2d721991c51845.jpg

The guys over on ADV rider have been doing that swap. they seems to like it. You can check in the some assembly required section for more info.

Frame welds, glad I didn't get to talk to the PO. I'm not entirely sure if I'd trust my own welding skills, let alone some stranger's. Sure, the guy could say it was done professionally, but you never know.

I may look into it in the future though. I had no idea this was done repeatedly.

The only way I would touch an engine swap was if I had pulled the tank and inspect everything, (esp the chain alignement) I have done them in the past and they can be great BUT only if done with some thought. If you are not one who likes to re-engineer things You should stay away.

I'm familiar with re-engineering, just not sure if I want to take on something someone else re-engineered. Some of the bikes I've met I think may have been repaired by retarded orangutans.

Yeah, I agree with you there, but at least it's not a dual rear shock with a springer front end. Or worse, no suspension what so ever.