Sign in to follow this  

New Member - 01 CR-250 Rear Brakes

Hey guys - new member here, hoping ya'll can help me with an issue I've come across on my dirtbike.

I got around to putting a new rear rotor and pads on the bike. This is my first time doing the brakes, and I have the service manual. What the manual doesnt really tell me is how to get the caliper piston compressed enough to get the pads on, and over the rotor. It seems the piston doesnt fit completely flat, and sticks up a little.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey guys - new member here, hoping ya'll can help me with an issue I've come across on my dirtbike.

I got around to putting a new rear rotor and pads on the bike. This is my first time doing the brakes, and I have the service manual. What the manual doesnt really tell me is how to get the caliper piston compressed enough to get the pads on, and over the rotor. It seems the piston doesnt fit completely flat, and sticks up a little.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

shop rags, one of the old pads, and a set of channel locks works good. just make sure you aren't overfilled on brake fluid in the reservoir since you'll just end up spilling brake fluid all over your bike when you push in the piston. that might even be why the piston sticks out, because the brake fluid ran out of room to go.