Sign in to follow this  

250SXF timing

My buddy is looking into buying an 08 or 09 250 SXF but was told the the timing needs to be adjusted. Suppose to cost one or two hundred bucks. Anyone ever hear or delt with this?

walk away....see the post near the first page of this forum...." valves hit piston with pictures.." or something like that. needing to be retimed ended up costing me almost 2,000 $ it can and will cause real problems. my intake timing was only off 1 tooth and it ended up cracking the crank shaft web ......

walk away....see the post near the first page of this forum...." valves hit piston with pictures.." or something like that. needing to be retimed ended up costing me almost 2,000 $ it can and will cause real problems. my intake timing was only off 1 tooth and it ended up cracking the crank shaft web ......

Could be the case but it also could just need the valves shimmed, which is a simple 30 minute procedure. There are a lot of misimformed people out there so it could be a number of things.

You could always ask the owner permission to take it to a shop to have it check over and leak down test performed.