Sign in to follow this  

I cheated

After tons of research and finally biting the bullet largely due to the 30 day ride guarantee, I put in a Rekluse EXP 2.0. My god, what have i been waiting for?

My yz is jetted so it will idle for days. With only the slightest hint of throttle, that clutch locks up and I'm rolling.

Amazing product.

Installation was brilliantly simple. Followed the instructions to the letter.

I'm here to say that some of the negative stuff I read is pure BS and I think is largely based on older designs.

It's not any more difficult to find neutral. In fact, finding neutral is identical to stock.

When you put it in gear, it's just like putting the bike in gear with the manual clutch lever pulled in. no difference.

I did not spring for the Core model, but i will upgrade eventually.

As a result, the clutch lever is heavier. It's not bad though. I'll agree with the advertised 15%.

Engagement is smooth as silk. Absolutely NOT like a scooter. It locks up plenty hard.

I can't feel the disengagement.

In my opinion, if you ride a YZ offroad, this part is mandatory.

Skip the flywheel weights and all the other "tame my YZ" stuff. Get an EXP 2.0 and ride a gear higher and enjoy.

i agree with the cheating, i have the older rekluse but it makes a huge difference, i do have a flywheel weight and geared up and run it a gear high with little tire spin, so e-z to ride now, i run single track rough stuff and its a wonderful add-on.

this is the one that just pops right into the stock clutch basket ? I have been slightly interested in it , but have concerns about how long it will last , any body have any long hours on this ?

yes. On the yz 250, you have a net loss of 2 friction disks and 2 steels. I assume that's why it comes with heavier springs than stock.

time will tell. I'll report back after I get some hours on it. Got a couple hundred miles planned for the next two days. Can't wait.

yes. On the yz 250, you have a net loss of 2 friction disks and 2 steels. I assume that's why it comes with heavier springs than stock.

time will tell. I'll report back after I get some hours on it. Got a couple hundred miles planned for the next two days. Can't wait.

Ahhh..... so it comes with heavier cluctch springs than the stock springs....so THIS is the cause of the heavier clutch lever pull. I could not figure out why the EXP resulted in a heavier pull and the Core EXP does not - or is not supposed to.

Anyone ever tried to run it with the stock clutch springs?

Last thing I want is a heavier clutch pull. Im thinking about going to a juice clutch or something to lighten the stock pull.

Using the stock springs may make it not disengage fully. The clutch is designed to have the extra spring rate as resistance.

Using the stock springs may make it not disengage fully. The clutch is designed to have the extra spring rate as resistance.

This is correct! However, you can extend your clutch actuator arm and reduce the clutch pull.

Yeah, I know you're not "supposed" to use the stock springs, just wondering if anyone had experimented with them or maybe every other spring stock and rekluse.

There are only a few reasons to actually use your clutch lever with the rekluse installed. The heavier pull is a non-issue to me.

The supplied springs are significantly thicker steel than stock, btw.

With the rekluse clutch in the only time I pull the clutch in is when starting in gear or changing gears on the road. So essentually it is a non issue.

With the rekluse clutch in the only time I pull the clutch in is when starting in gear or changing gears on the road. So essentually it is a non issue.

I have the Z-Start Pro in my YZ and I completely agree that having a Rekluse is complete cheating. It totally makes the normally very potent YZ into an amazing woods bike without really taming the power. Hard to imagine, but it is very true.

Last thing I want is a heavier clutch pull. Im thinking about going to a juice clutch or something to lighten the stock pull.

The "simpler" EXP version does not work with a hydraulic clutch. It relies on clutch cable tension.

The CORE EXP will work with a hydro clutch.

dfw, if that is dallas ft worth and i lived there i would shot myself, the traffic is crazy there and yes i'm sure there are places that are worse, a couple weeks ago we passed through there what i thought was before rush hr traffic, took a hr to get across town ! lol !

dfw, if that is dallas ft worth and i lived there i would shot myself, the traffic is crazy there and yes i'm sure there are places that are worse, a couple weeks ago we passed through there what i thought was before rush hr traffic, took a hr to get across town ! lol !

Yep, Dallas/Fort Worth. Traffic isn't too bad for me, I have a 25 minute commute that is about 22 miles away so I can't really complain. Plus knowing the back roads really helps when some idiot is too busy texting and runs into someone.

The worst thing for me is that it takes so darn long to get up to Red River for us to ride.