Diablo beer shack still there?

It' been a few years since I've dropped by the old mans shack on the lakebed. We'll be riding down to SF for the 1000 and will stop by for a cold Tecate if it's still around. Mangy dogs, chickens and old centerfolds on the wall...a piece of Baja...

we call it "tecate on the lake" nice little osasis out there.i do hope he's still going,as i want to pay him way to much for a couple of cold beers in february when i'm down there again. any body that supplies ice cold beer in the middle of a desert,can name his price as far as i'm concerned!

• Like 1

Thanks Jimeege. We'll be through there on thursday about mid day so hope he'll be there and stocked up. There will be a lot of dust to wash down. If he's out on his beer run then it will have to wait till we get to the Mirimar:banana: Ha ha that dancing banana reminds me of a video I saw of some drunk guy dancing on the wall in front of the Mirimar:thumbsup:

scotty: so he still has cold beers on the dry lake and he also serves tacos for lunch? Or did he join you at rice and beans on the malecon in san felipe for lunch? we are going to stop by his establishment on the way to a cool swimming hole close by, when we get back from our mid winter loop of the baja in february of next year.after a nice big 10-12 day ride, a couple day's goofing of in san felipe is a lot of fun!

Allow me to re-phrase: I was there at lunch time. Jose's Corner. Says he'll be around imdefinately. Cold drinks, glasses of room temp water, no bottles of water. Limited variety of Doritos products in the Chico size.

Just a very sweet old

Man. Thanks for

Starting this thread. It inspireD

Me to check it out

Thx

• Like 1

In relation to the Diablo Dry Lake, if you are going south across the lake bed, at the end you do a little zigzag thru some brush and just before you bust out across the small lake bed there is a wood shack, a small travel trailer and a couple broke down trucks all in a small fenced compound just off to the left about 100 yards. Looks like from the race map it is around mile 233. That's it! $2 for a tall boy, drink up.

Edited by jimmeege
Add race mile.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always stop for a cold one on my way to SF but that's only about once a year. Hmm, it's been about a year, time for a ride!

Good to hear Jose is still kick'n.

Edited by zergee