Sign in to follow this  

lost circlip

i lost a circlip when i was taking off my piston. i have to order a new one but don't no if there's a different circlip for every different make of piston or if one size fits all.

its of a 98 rm 125. here's a few pictures of the circlip i still have and the piston and ring. does anyone no the make of piston or what circlip i have to get.

THANKS

DSCF3798.jpg

DSCF3797.jpg

DSCF3796.jpg

DSCF3794.jpg

DSCF3792.jpg

DSCF3791.jpg

DSCF3790.jpg

DSCF3789.jpg

no, be careful because certain pistons use certain circlips - wiseco's use wiseco circlips etc... oem's and pro x are the same - maybe it's just wiseco that uses its own circlips, im not sure.

you just have to make sure to get the corresponding circlips for your piston

and pray that your circlip isn't in your bottom end

you just have to make sure to get the corresponding circlips for your piston

but i don't no the make of the piston. is there any way to find out?

Scrape some of the black off the top, stock pistons should only have an arrow on top no numbers.

the piston has numbers on it. if you look at the bottom of the piston in the third last picture you can see them. think it says 59.95. does a certain make do this or do they all have numbers.

better find the circlip before you fire it back up... would suck to find out it was in the bottom end and then end up having it wreck the motor. also from the piston wash your jetting is looking lean.

That is a PRO X or an ART cast piston. Look inside on the skirt and it will have the name stamped in it. One little tid bit is that OEM circlip will fit PRO X, ART and Wiseco. So the PRO X and Wisco piston clips will also fit the OEM piston (that would be an ART).

yeah that piston look like it needs to be tossed, i never, and i mean NEVER re use pistons in 125's, they are so high strung its in your best interest to just get a new top end kit.