Sign in to follow this  

does this meen my crank bearings are shot, ??

the other day my rm250 locked up, thaught it was the top end but everything is fine, so i put it back together and gave it a good kick on the kickstart and it unseized, i started it up and it sounds like alot of metal grinding, i checked oil for metal shavings and nothing and i took the clutch side caseing off and everything looked fine, all my gears still work and my clutch, so i was told it was my bearings for my crank, i took the stator cover off and i can jiggle my flyweel up and down and side to side a bit , and also wen i turn it with my hand or with the kickstart i can hear clicking and sometimes it gets harder to turn if i turn it backwards, so im pretty sure i should change the whole crank and bearrings right? and is there anything else i should change wile im in there ?piston and rings are new already,

sounds like the bearings are definitely shot. also make sure to double check the piston and rings very closely because the bearings having play in them can make the piston get a little off axcess when it goes up and down and you want to make sure the rings weren't damaged or anything else.