Sign in to follow this  

Tusk clutch kit only 7 clutch plates?

it came with 7 steels also, so in total the tusk clutch kit came with 7 clutch plates and 7 steel plates. ? doesn't make sense to me.

That doesn't make any sense to me! only thing I can think of is that it is missing a fiber. If you use 7 steels then you need 8 fibers.

Thats what I'm saying! the crazy thing is I bought one on ebay got it shipped to me and 7 clutch plates 7 steel plates. then i emailed back and said I want a new clutch kit with 8 clutch plates and they send the same thing. I an an extra clutch plate to I used it for the first kit and works fine. Just wondering why tusk is sending 7 clutch plates and 7 steel plates. anyone else have any input?

ebay is ebay. you can never really trust what you get from there. if you want to be sure you are getting a real complete tusk kit you need to go where tusk is sold and that is rockymountainmc.com. either way i would give RM a call and ask how many plates are supposed to be in a tusk clutch kit for your bike.

yeah for sure. I didn't want to go with tusk but figure I would test them out for a few weeks. thanks

you could grab a stock fiber from the dealer and throw it in there with the tusk kit.