Sign in to follow this  

2010 ktm 450 sxf

Got a question and thought of all of you, i am a novice rider, 235 lbs without gear dick at mx1 did revalve for previous owner. front springs are .50 and rear I have changed to a mx tech progressive at the top end og the progressive rate I think is 11.5 anyway, my question is this, spring rate charts put my desired spring rate @ .514 or .52. this front end bottoms so hard i hear metal to metal. tried adding now a full 20cc of oil but no difference.

Do you guys feel there is much difference between the .50 and a .52??? I am considering the .54 but realy dont want to have to buy again. thanks all in advanced.

oh, the back feels pretty good and up front I have tried more compression damping to the point where I get severe arm pump but no more resistance to metal to metal hits

agreed , maybe 0.52 max , I use more bladder pressure on the big bikes around 2 bar

agreed , maybe 0.52 max , I use more bladder pressure on the big bikes around 2 bar

2 bar! i go up for heavier riders, as far as 20-22 psi for the masses i run 15-17psi.

cut the float, only wat to stop it diving.

:busted:

on the 350 of my friends I cut the float to 0.3 , added 3 face shims , 22psi( around 2 bar IMO lol) and slightly less oil and it's a decent fork , better IMO than my rmz fork in fact

i was wrong, thy are a .50 spring, it was revalved but for a rider at 180 lbs. Is a .52 a big dofference? Seems like it would not be. Also can the bladders be easily added too? Or do we need to fully disassemble.

50N is going to be a .51kg/mm

I would use a .52kg/mm and start at 350cc oil

While it is apart I would inspect to make sure you do ot have any bent shims.

Mx tech huh? I am hesitant to ask because I have had bad luck with some reputable company's not actually installing what they say or guys doing stuff as if they know more then the rand d guys at ktm such as putting a straight rate spring on a shock that's designed for progressive. Anyway my question to you is, what would you do and would I be better off to revalve or is the revalve for the lighter rider the same but spring should be different? And how to adjust with bladders?

I don't know enough but I do know if I tear them down, I will make sure it's in right or parts replaced, and I am not just trying to be cheap either, just want to be confident of what's in there and know its going to work.

Mx tech huh? I am hesitant to ask because I have had bad luck with some reputable company's not actually installing what they say or guys doing stuff as if they know more then...
I understand your concern but Mx-Tech is first rate. I revalve my own stuff now and i don't send anything out anymore, but i had been in the past a very happy Mx-Tech customer. In fact if i had a Ktm i would probably send it to them.

I understand your concern but Mx-Tech is first rate. I revalve my own stuff now and i don't send anything out anymore, but i had been in the past a very happy Mx-Tech customer. In fact if i had a Ktm i would probably send it to them.

Mx-Tech are a top notch outfit.