Sign in to follow this  

California Is it too early to talk about Thanksgiving?..

What are your plans for riding/camping over the Thanksgiving weekend?

We are undecided on either Spangler or Cal City.

Happy Thanksgiving!

LA-B-LV dual sport, although we will only be riding the Barstow to Las Vegas stretch this time.

Usually head out to Cal City/Ridgecrest area. I'm thinking staying more local this year and heading out to my usual weekend spot off Hodge Rd in Barstow. Anyone going out here for this weekend? Never been there for a big holiday weekend. Wondering if the crowds are as big.

Hey John. I'm hoping we can get out there for an over nighter the Fri-Sat after Thanksgiving. The Rand Mountains are calling my name. I hear it. yep, the call of the desert. clear as a bell.

Hi Ron,

We'll be at Charlie's Place starting on Tuesday/Wednesday through early Sunday morning. I will PM you the location of our group, you are welcome to stay in camp and ride.

John

Teagle wash near the bathrooms, Wed-Sun, old white and rusty chevy van "MAGIC VAN" 3 yrs. running and it was 16 degrees and cold last year..... Very fun time!!!

I might do a last minute change of plans and head out to the ridgecrest area..thinking charlies place or somewhere near randsburg. Havn't been out there in a while but was wondering if it'll be tough to find a spot if i got there Friday morning since i know most people will be out there earlier in the week.

probly heading out to Ocotillo since my pops lives there on 5 acres

Have a good T-Day rut and tell your pops I said what up. Are all the Oco heads going? I'm hitting Parker with family. :lol:

Anybody planning on riding on Thursday?

What you got planned?

Always fun week when certain people from outta town are too

ignorant to find a place to camp in the desert, Set up camp

in the trailer park around the corner from me and use the residential

streets to race around on....Not like there is thousands of square miles

of fresh wet dirt within a block of here

What you got planned?

No plans just yet, but I I'm hoping to get out and do some riding. Who knows I maybe I'll be riding a bike like yours depending on what happens between now and then . . . got some feelers out there . . . but my last two attempts went down in flames. What are you thinking?

After 36 years of doing the family thing every holiday, I think I'd be more thankful being out in the dirt twisting the trottle vs. driving six hours to do the family thing and have to listen to them go on and on about how smart the baby is or how he'll be the next Heisman trophy winner or whatever . . . I got a large enough helping of that last year . . . I'm still full and don't think I need another helping of that crap!