Sign in to follow this  

KTM Frame Powdercoating

Anyone know the color code or who KTM is using to powdercoat the race team frames? I need more orange!!

what steps are involved in doing this? I know i have to sand blast and then powder coat. But my question is how do you get out hoses that run through the frame? and do you take out the race bearings? or just tape over them?

you need to remove everything, sand will kill bearings and the oven wouldnt be good for the hoses plus if there was and sand in there when the bike was re assembled you would kill the motor.

you need a bare frame

Just did it, to remove hoses that go inside the frame I did heat with a heat gun and let the aluminium tube inside the frame. They are pretty tight and did heat again to put them back.

paint code: pantone 15/85 cvc, got it on my 08 505 frame and sub frame and is mint

Edited by mq_camo

that look awesome... I talked to a guy in my area who had KTM orange with a candy finish...:smirk: it was really impressive!!!!

yea do u mind on sayin how much it cost u to powder coat it? im about to do my 12 250sx.. can that rad house come out without a heat gun? is it really difficult?

yea do u mind on sayin how much it cost u to powder coat it? im about to do my 12 250sx.. can that rad house come out without a heat gun? is it really difficult?

Im having my 12 sxf250 done currently and it set me back $200

did u take the aluminium T i guess u call it outta the frame? for the anti freeze lines? i cant get mine out. got the rubber gromets off on each side, but the tube inside i cant get out..