Sign in to follow this  

96 RM 250 stock jetting question

So I just did a total rebuild on motor, Just checked out the jetting in the carb and the previous owner had a 155 main jet in it which stock for my bike should be anywhere from 170-175 right? the slow jet is 55 which is stock setting.

Should the stock settings be main jet 170-175, Slow jet 55, and float height 16mm. its a PJ carb

If all is good mechanically then you will have a 172 main,55 pilot,and r1467n needle, but alot of things factor in as well.

Yes the float height is 16mm, and these jets will be a starting point depending on what type of riding you do.

Why would I have a 155 main jet then? Here is everything that I have done motor wise to help figure out jetting. A run 40:1 super M oil mix. I re sleeved my cylinder back to stock specs, I also put a new oem crank and bearings and wiseco piston. Power valves were cleaned. I have a fmf fatty pipe and repacked silencer. I ride at about sea level to 1000ft above. I mostly do trail riding but do get on a track every once in awhile.

Does a 155 main jet seem to lean?! I have only put 4 hours on new motor so want to get jetting right.