Sign in to follow this  

g2r valves

Before I order a set of the race tech G2-R valves for my 06 rm 125 I had a quick question. I have heard that the video that come with it is not the best as far as new bikes are concerned. Is the valve I will need to replace under the pressure spring or is it in a different location?

Thanks

I would expect so , and they are very fmdifferent sizes from the mid so you won't mix them up

There is two different sets of G2R valves in the forks. Compression and Rebound kits. Are you planning to purchase the two kits for the forks or just doing the Compression Valving? You mentioned the pressure spring so I am thinking your just doing the compression kit. The valving is actually above the pressure spring.

Before I order a set of the race tech G2-R valves for my 06 rm 125 I had a quick question. I have heard that the video that come with it is not the best as far as new bikes are concerned. Is the valve I will need to replace under the pressure spring or is it in a different location?

Thanks

IMO, keep the mid valve active what ever you do! Why not tune with your stock pistons. What application you valving for? woods or Mx?

Why not tune with your stock pistons.

a few years ago maybe the gold valves were a good idea to start, because you get some information how to tune them and some stock pistons had small ports.

nowadays I also wonder why some want to go with GV...

Gold Valves can work well. The G2R valves can be a bit tricky to get to work well in some applications. Why the G2R valves versus the Type 1?

you should be able to call race tech with any questions on the g2r's. i've done one set of those about 3 years ago. they can work, but the type I gv's are more versitile in my opinion. the g2r valve is the base valve near the pressure spring. the diameter of the

g2r will be the giveaway; it's bigger than the mv piston.

It seems to me that type 1 ports are much bigger, causing a need for stiffer valving, the g2 pistons seem more restrictive allowing for softer valving set ups , but both seem tunable. What turns me off is the split band on the shock piston. Not that it can't work, I just don't get a fuzzy feeling from it.