Trailer tag Q

Here in TN you are not required to have a tag on a trailer for non commercial use as long as it is below a certain length. I have a 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer that I pull my bike with and I'm going to Croom in FL next weekend. :busted: Anyone have any trouble going through states that require tags on trailers and not have one? I can use the argument that they aren't required, however you can purchase a tag if you want. I just hate giving the Man any more money than I have to.

Here in TN you are not required to have a tag on a trailer for non commercial use as long as it is below a certain length. I have a 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer that I pull my bike with and I'm going to Croom in FL next weekend. :busted: Anyone have any trouble going through states that require tags on trailers and not have one? I can use the argument that they aren't required, however you can purchase a tag if you want. I just hate giving the Man any more money than I have to.

Print off the wording from your state's DMV and carry that with you if stopped, simply present that along with your automobile registration.

http://www.countyclerkanytime.com/Tag_Title/trailer%20registration%20requirements.pdf

MN does the permanent sticker on the tongue registration for trailers under 3500 lbs rating, I got stopped in CA for no trailer plate, merely showed the officer the sticker and the printed wording of the MN law.

Reciprocity means they have to accept your states registration.