Trails at risk!!

This is a big deal. Don't think so?....ask anyone south of the border what it takes to go riding and how much thier Gov't supports it. Spare 10 minutes so my kids can ride all the places we have been able to since the dawn of time. Land is in scarce supply, and there are parties with big $$$ that want that land for sh*t that does nothing good for us or our families. If we don't fight to keep our riding areas open to public use, we'll lose em one by one. Anyone ridden Herrling Island lately?....didn't think so.

This is a big deal. Don't think so?....ask anyone south of the border what it takes to go riding and how much thier Gov't supports it. Spare 10 minutes so my kids can ride all the places we have been able to since the dawn of time. Land is in scarce supply, and there are parties with big $$$ that want that land for sh*t that does nothing good for us or our families. If we don't fight to keep our riding areas open to public use, we'll lose em one by one. Anyone ridden Herrling Island lately?....didn't think so.

Herrling Island closed because of the enviroment impact it was having on spawning runs. It was a spawning river bed. As for the okanagan, get used to it. The okanagan is a hot bed for new development.

This is the natural progession of the way of life. The motorized vehicles build the trails, the mountain bikers ride them and then lay claim and then the hikers come in. You want to keep riding areas alive, you have to have a motorcycle club do the land management and charge a fee to ride there. No one wants to work for free anymore when people take it for granted. Motorcycling is not a right anymore and free land use is becoming a thing of the past. Im all for paying a year round park ranger to moniter out local OHV park, fine people for illegal fires, littering, etc etc. I will be more then happy to put up a huge fence around the park with a ranger station and what not.

• Like 1

Its just a way of life?? Natural progresion?? Well if we actually get together to stop people from building on steep hills that cause slides and land erosion!! As well as fight for the trails that we can all share!! Then there would be nothing natural about it!! Sounds like your not even willing to take 10 minutes and sign a form that could possibly keep our riding areas open and creat more!! Got Kids?? think about it!! And yes motorcycling is just as much of a right!! Y should we give in to Quadtards and mountain bikers ruining it for us?????? Come some support would be nice eh!

Its just a way of life?? Natural progresion?? Well if we actually get together to stop people from building on steep hills that cause slides and land erosion!! As well as fight for the trails that we can all share!! Then there would be nothing natural about it!! Sounds like your not even willing to take 10 minutes and sign a form that could possibly keep our riding areas open and creat more!! Got Kids?? think about it!! And yes motorcycling is just as much of a right!! Y should we give in to Quadtards and mountain bikers ruining it for us?????? Come some support would be nice eh!

I think we should build more trails and get rid of more kids... :busted:

Maybe the fact the population in this shitty f'n world had DOUBLED since I was put on this planet is in direct relation to overuse of trails...

Do your part... quit breeding :busted:

Well its nice to see that as usual!! The support for our sport and hobbies is little to none!!!! I did stop breeding! Only got 1 kid. Got to continue the Name! It still amazes me that the five minutes it would take to voice an opinion to keep our trails open or at least possibly make a difference!! Is not worth most of your time??? I bet you spend an hour a day on this forum alone?? How many have actually taken the time to look at and read the paper etc??

Well its nice to see that as usual!! The support for our sport and hobbies is little to none!!!! I did stop breeding! Only got 1 kid. Got to continue the Name! It still amazes me that the five minutes it would take to voice an opinion to keep our trails open or at least possibly make a difference!! Is not worth most of your time??? I bet you spend an hour a day on this forum alone?? How many have actually taken the time to look at and read the paper etc??

I read the paper every morning, I spend a few hours on here everyday also. I agree with what you saying but im a little more relistic then you. Lots of riding areas are being closed down for more then just enviroment greenies. Lots of the property that you ride on could be cattle range land (which we ride in Inks Lake), private property that the owner hasnt cared to fence off, future devolopment areas (bachelor heights in Kamloops) etc etc. The issue to why your riding area is being closed down is unclear to me but from this thread its sounds like you saying its greenies. Now, I agree that it sucks that your area is being closed down but I have some even worse news then that, there is a lot more people against motorcycles then there is for them. Walk into any dealer and ask how small bike sales are doing, they have tanked due to parents believing it is dangerous. The root of closed down riding areas goes deeper then just this one area. The crappy thing about petitions is a greenie will walk up to you door and say that a motorcycle hit and killed a 4 year old in "said" motorcycle area, would you like to sign this petition to close down this riding area before it happens to your son/daughter while walking in this area? How can you beat that? Are going to walk door to door claiming its not true? Riding areas will get shut down, thats a by-product of more people being on this earth. In your area, your in the hotbed of Canada for retirement living, this alone brings more then enough money to shut down a riding area. Its a corrupt world. They way I view it is, just ride farther away. Any riding area within a half and hour drive will not survive. A hour is way to far for lots of people to drive so for someone like me, knowing that no one will be out there is quite nice. I lived in Calgary for the better part of six years, with it being a 1hr and a half drive to go riding, anything closer, I take it for granted.

• Like 1

Well said! But the reason for a lack of bike sales is do to the economy and crappy HST B.S. Not because parents are afraid to get kids bikes?? Otherwise Hockey would decline to nothing as well. I also agree with the fact that alot of riding areas are private land etc. But its not the ranchers that are closing down the trails. ITs the Government!!!!! Even though we are a small group!! We can still at the least sign pettitions to let them know how many we are. I think youd be surprised how many riders there are in Canada. Its not going to be Just my area!!!!! If they get into the habbit of being able to close far reaching area's of anykind! They will close them all!! Especially without any oposition. Not saying we need to go door to door!! Thats why the form is there! To fill out and send to someone that might help in the cause etc. The more forms they get the better etc etc. Did you look at the link? And original thread on it??

Oh and buy the way! Where do you ride Pumpkin450?? Vedder? Chipmunk? Mcnutt? Kamloops? etc etc. All of these areas have come under the gun for one reason or another and have been kept open do to the support of the riders and users of the Trails!! You may have to drive for four hours to ride in the future instead of 1.5. I live in the Fraser valley and drive/ride all over here and the Okanagon/Kamloops/Merritt etc etc. Therefor I want all of our riding areas to stay open!! Just signing a Trails usage form seems pretty easy and simple to start with. The KVR trail goes through alot of land and areas. And now it has some restricted use signs?? How come? who gave them the right to just change the rules? Kinda like how the HST came in to being LMAO. Not try to debate anything!

Just trying to get help from the riders of B.C and 5min of their time! Help support BCORMA and other groups that keep our sport going and the trails maintained etc.!!

Walk into any dealer and ask how small bike sales are doing, they have tanked due to parents believing it is dangerous. .

Dealers live in there own fantasy world. Sales haven't crashed on kids bikes because of perceived danger, more like cost. Crappy Tire still sells a truckload of Chinese kids bikes. Any friend I have with kids that doesn't dirt bike themselves ask me about these for there kids. $1000 they can stomach, $5000, not so much.

The 80cc market was once one of the bigger markets in DB's. When I was a kid I remember my first new 1980 YZ80. Was $800 at the time. At that same time as a 12yr old kid I was making $4.00 a hour being a dishpig. So 200hrs of work bought me that bike, and the gas and parts to run it were a fraction of what they are now.

Fast forward to today. Bike is $5000, minimum wage is just over $8.00, $6.00 for first level job entry. At over $8.00 that 600hrs for the same bike, triple the price compared to wage. When I was a kid everyone had a 80. We had places to ride, there were lots of kid jobs, pumping gas, etc and we could AFFORD to.

• 4 months later...

Another land closure announced Friday in the interior of British Columbia (3 areas).

.. and perhaps even more regrettable than the closure is the complete lack of voiced concerns over this. ZERO. Seems nobody cares ... ?

Edited by supervokes

Where are these 3 areas this time?? I didnt see anything around the sites down here?

They are in the BC interior. Announced on Friday.

I don't want to post specific info .. we have enough out of town riders showing up ... part of why these areas were closed (sent you a PM with the info)

It was a quad area primarily ... nobody should be surprised.

Edited by supervokes

Ok Guys!! So here is a prime example of y we should always take a few minutes to Add our oppinions or thoughts and remarks to riding areas!! Even if we dont live there, we probably would have ridden there or would like to beable to in the future!!!!!!!! Now you cant!!!!!!! Article basically says the area gets over crowded from people from the Valley and other areas!! That would be U! and Me etc.. So now Our nice vacation spots are starting to get closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few words on a form might help to prevent this kind of thing, no matter your location etc.. Something to think about!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

us guys from the valley are called 604s any time shit happens in the 250 area them 250,s blame it on us dam 604 visitors. we had the cracked out bc forestry campsite caretaker old hippie bitch at merrit telling us all about our problems as she painted the outhouse at lilly lake last fall. she made us feel like painting 604 on her new paint job lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

us guys from the valley are called 604s any time shit happens in the 250 area them 250,s blame it on us dam 604 visitors. we had the cracked out bc forestry campsite caretaker old hippie bitch at merrit telling us all about our problems as she painted the outhouse at lilly lake last fall. she made us feel like painting 604 on her new paint job lol

Dam 604s think youre so special, you should hear what us 250s say about the red platers. Lolz jk I was born n raised 604.

Edited by cdnsnowboarder