Sign in to follow this  

2004 yz85

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum, and what a great place for everything you ever wanted to know about a dirt bike!

I bought my son a SunL 125 semi-auto 4 stroke for his 10th birthday. After riding it 3 years, I managed to sell it for the original purchase price on Sunday.

Picked up this 04 YZ85 on Tuesday from the original owner. Bike is all original (even tires) and like new. Paid $730 + $50 for an aluminum stand and truck ramp.

My son kept asking why we were looking at 85cc bikes when he just sold a 125. . .Man was he surprised. The YZ has a 4" higher seat height, much better suspension, and as I am sure you know a lot more power. It took a couple of days, but he quickly picked up on the clutch and is finally finding his way into the powerband.

Motor has 152 PSI compression (cold check), starts on the first kick warm or cold, and runs like a champ. The previous owner only ran Yamalube 2R at 32:1 (which is what I run in my 03 Banshee, so that makes life easy).

I changed trans oil, flushed the radiator and refilled, repacked the silencer (very oil soaked from not being ridden hard at all), and cleaned/oiled the air filter.

Let the fun begin!

e938a642.jpg

very nice! I've had 2 yz85's so far (lol). That bike looks CLEAN!! =)

IMG00614-20110408-1615.jpg

yz85.jpg

2003 has more aftermarket parts, and wayy more hours overall, but has a fresh top end for next season.(its winter here)

the 2005 was great, but well someone stole it from me after a couple weeks, so I never got to upgrade it, it was bone stock too!

I hope your son loves it!!