Sign in to follow this  

Leatt did its job I'd say...

This happened at a race last May. Havent been on here much since then because I havent ridden a whole lot since it happened so I could stay injury free for my senior year of football. Now that footballs over I'm gettin back into the motocross scene and thought ya'll would find these pictures interesting! Wind blew me off course on a fairly large jump and landed with the front wheel off the edge of the landing and the back still on so it flipped and I didnt role out of it too nicely. Could hardly move my neck for about a week from the muscles being sore, gave me alot of trouble during football as well because you use your neck alot and I guess the muscles didnt heal properly but now that footballs over I shouldnt have much to worry about! :busted: anyways here are the pictures of the Leatt and a few from practice the day before

bar2bar001.jpg

bar2bar005.jpg

bar2bar006.jpg

bar2bar025.jpg

bar2bar018.jpg

bar2bar023.jpg

This is the jump it happened on:

bar2bar002.jpg

bar2bar003-1.jpg

Ouch!! Is it supposed to fall apart on heavy impacts like that?

yes the idea is that certain parts break, absorbing the impact.

Looking at those Leatt pics, I'd say it definitely absorbed some force for you :busted: You definitely could have wound up worse. Glad to hear you were ok.

Wow, if you broke it, imagine what would have happened without it!

While I don't always appreciate the limiting of mobility when wearing it, I'd rather be limited while riding than limited for life.

Same thing happened to my son this spring broke in same spot. He walked away with sore neck also but only lasted couple days. He was in 4 gear tap on yz125 going up a jump face that was rutted up bad and cross rutted sending him head first in to the face. Broke bars on bike in half. He got lucky and brace did it job I had no problem buying another brace. Son gave brace away to freind who could not afford one and used a piece wood to fix it.