700mile 1977 ct125

667 miles actualy I got it of a freind of my dad and am trying to gauge the colector value before I ruin a rare bike. I'm no bike expert but I'd say it's a 3-4/10 for looks but runs 10/10. 1 lazy kick every time hot or cold I've only done 15 miles but I stopped half dozen times checking for leaks and how it was gonna start away from the shop. I think it's a blast but I understand it's rare but mine has been crashed or backed over, nothing serious but all the gaurds and bars are bent a little and the forks (chrome tube) seem like they have a slight tweak back and mysterious leaks. I thought there was a title but thats looking iffy, I can still get my moneys worth driving out the back of my yard into the logging road system.

ct125c.jpg

There are a lot of TL125 parts in the CT125.

If you go to sell it, find some TL or CT collectors.

You forgot XL they to share min of the same parts as well

keep it and clean it up , they are great little bikes

I know, I've been riding an elec moped so this is a good beginner bike. The 1977 USA model is very rare though, I don't want to ruin a colector piece with custom Alu racks.

You forgot XL they to share min of the same parts as well

A lot of Honda CB/SL/XL/TL/CL 100/125 bikes share the same parts. But the CT125 is the only bike I have seen that uses some of the TL125 specific parts. I sometimes wonder if Honda had a bunch of left over TL parts and thought, "What can we build to reduce inventory"?

If you're buying parts for old Honda's this webpage is great.

When I'm looking for a TL part, I check to see which model the part originated. CB125 parts are a lot easier to find than TL125 parts.

http://www.kaila.net/tl125/tl125partcode.html

It's mecahnicly sound aside from the bent forks wich I can live with, all the damage from crashes and poor storage are to the ct specific parts (rare, expensive) except the chain gaurd wich is almost mint. I personaly don't like the stock setup enough to restore it but I have been fabricating aluminum and steel since my early teens and have a welding and machine shop in my yard. I had a few old street bikes I rode around the yard when I was younger but they sucked at it. This thing is just mindblowing to me compared to my comuter scooter, like it actualy goes up a hill with me on it. I see a super low milage beginer enduro that would last me years in 1-3 gear just above idle putting along enjoying the miles of backroads out my backdoor. I was just feeling out if there was any diehard Honda fans who would try and stop me from trashing the rusty ct parts and puting 12 utility lights and bigger more purpose built racks and a back seat for my kid? I'm 5'8 and 150lbs so it's a nice size for me.

Being the purist I am .... ;-) I would keep it - ride it and care for it, it is only gpoing to increase in value.

Being the purist I am .... ;-) I would keep it - ride it and care for it, it is only gpoing to increase in value.

Yeah, I caught your garage listed in another post... very nice. I will take care of it and ride it like I'm afraid to break it but I started pricing out all the odd ct parts that look like shit on mine I'm personaly not gonna put thousands into a bike I paid $300 for. If I can get it registered I would ride it all year and would want more efective lighting and storage. How bout you trade me somthing less rare for my low miles peice of ugly?

It not really rare bike it just that bike you have share way to min part from other honda model like the CB/SL/XL/TL/CL model

$300 is about rigth not bad I say you only need repair the damage parts like front fork tubes as for collector value in 100% showroom quality may get $900/1100 that if there a Collector out there that wants one other then that no ones really dose Dual-Purpose/Trial/Enduro Bikes only few Honda name the Elsinore MT 125/250 and belive or some Suzuki TS, Hodaka have better value and that bike it not going to increase in value much.

I sometimes wonder if Honda had a bunch of left over TL parts and thought, "What can we build to reduce inventory"?

Kev_XR that what I think to

It not really rare bike it just that bike you have share way to min part from other honda model like the CB/SL/XL/TL/CL model

$300 is about rigth not bad I say you only need repair the damage parts like front fork tubes as for collector value in 100% showroom quality may get $900/1100 that if there a Collector out there that wants one other then that no ones really dose Dual-Purpose/Trial/Enduro Bikes only few Honda name the Elsinore MT 125/250 and belive or some Suzuki TS, Hodaka have better value and that bike it not going to increase in value much.

Kev_XR that what I think to

Thats what I was wondering, one sold at aucrion in 2004 for $1900 but in showroom condition. I can easily get thousands worth of fun out of it, I like a nice relaxing quiet trailride and I understand these are very reliable if used like that? The tubes are bent very slightly. After I losened the front end and pulled the wheel straight and retightened I've riden 10 miles and had it up to 45 mph and there is no wobble or weirdnes. The ct has a smaller than average front wheel is there anothere Honda bike that uses the same tube?

Thats what I was wondering, one sold at aucrion in 2004 for $1900 but in showroom condition. I can easily get thousands worth of fun out of it, I like a nice relaxing quiet trailride and I understand these are very reliable if used like that? The tubes are bent very slightly. After I losened the front end and pulled the wheel straight and retightened I've riden 10 miles and had it up to 45 mph and there is no wobble or weirdnes. The ct has a smaller than average front wheel is there anothere Honda bike that uses the same tube?

Oh that fork adjustment if that straight rigth out then more like you just need replace fork seal to keep from leaking

The tube for your bike is 51410-365-671

1977 CT125 Trail

1976 thru 1978 XL100 / XL100 Motosport

1976 thru 1978 XL125 / XL125 Motosport

1974 thru 1976 MT125 / MT125 Elsinore

1975 thru 1977 MR175 / MR175 Elsinore

I was wondering if you still have the bike or parts I am looking for rear carrier and the muffler let me know