Sign in to follow this  

bye bye forks

welp my mid valve came apart in my forks and well, bye bye forks. dont know if it was from my recent crash or not but this definetly ruined my forks. piston is missing a nice chunk on both sides. the shaft is scarred to scrap and bent with some ripped up threads, the mid valve chamber is pretty roached, hey the base valve setup looks great though :busted:

110211211743.jpg

110211211759.jpg

110211211821.jpg

110211211843.jpg

notice all the mangled shim fragments in the mid valve picture. how terrible right? i found a guy selling an A kit for dirt cheap, im gonna pick it up off him and then ill work on the stack on that. i dont know how this mid valve came apart, i loc tite my mid valves before i install them. ohwell i guess, shit happens right?

Ouch! Looks painful..on the wallet! The A-Kit should be nice though!

What bike is this from?

Its hard to tell what the exact cause of failure was. What was the condition of the locknut? How many threads did you have remaining on the post on the damper rod?

i would say two threads were peeking out of the nut, the threads were real nice and so was the nut. i have no clue what could have happened to cause this. its from my 2010 kx250f. i dont know if anybody is interested but now i have my enzo carbon fiber fork sub tank system, pro circuit national spring tubes and dlc coated dampening rods for sale. trying to sell all my stuff to get the A kit oh and i have a pro circuit water pump cover and ti4r exhaust

Edited by imfasterthanyou

on every revalve i use loctite and retort the nut in two point!!it s dangerous if this happens.after put loctite , control ever you have degreased well the thread .otherwise loctite dont work

it did feel like it was rebounding really odd during one lap, i crashed and broke my hand maybe 3 jumps later after i initially noticed something was funky. not sure if it broke before or after the crash

you loose the mid and the mid went to bottom of fork. when you jumped , on landing the mid rod go down and hit the bottom.the thread hit the valve and crash the angle and fold it!!i can loose control on landing and on the jump ramp when fork go down