Sign in to follow this  

86 XR 600 parts

I recently purchased an 86 xr 600. It's as old as me and in need of some freshening up.

My two main concerns are:

1.what years are compatible (parts wise) with this bike and

2.what's some good reliable parts sites to use, other than this one, of course.

Anyone have a manual for this bike they need to get rid of let me know, need one if those too.

Thanks.

I would be surprised if someone gave up their manual, you can get one from amazon or a honda dealer. Service Honda and motosport hillsboro have online parts fische you can use to identify part numbers. Anything thats discontinued is usually not listed. The discontinued stuff you can search ebay or have a dealer check their light speed system to see if anyone in the country has one. Hope this helps.

Hey Lu, 1st, welcome to the site. im not sure what you need but i use bikebandit.com for alot of parts, there is a site call ed XRsonly that is also real good. watch Ebay/craigslist. here is link sale-g6agm-2678210489@craigslist.org to a CL ad that has some used xr parts you may want or need. the ad is in the seattle tacoma, washington CL. dont know where ur located but you might get him to ship. tony

what years are compatible (parts wise) with this bike

It depends on what parts you're talking about. Some are the same today as they were in 1983. Most are not.

Where are you located? I have a friend that has a 86 XR600r for sale. Runs good but plastic is rough.

There is a manual on ebay for 20 bucks right now. I was looking for one for my XR650R and I clicked on it and it was listed as a XR650R manual but it is a XR600 manual. Good luck with the bike and have fun!