Sign in to follow this  

Honda 300ex with Honda Nighthawk 650 motor - almost done - need help -

Hey guys. I have a overpowered death contraption here that I need a little help finishing. Its a Honda Nighthawk CB650SC motorcycle with the front end of a 300ex Welded on (done right and solid and straight) and a Honda 300ex rear swingarm mounted on. Looks pretty sharp, and will be a real beast when done. It did run until the guy took apart the key switch to clean it (would keep running even when switched off) and he put it back together wrong or something, because the outer casing just spins around. Anyway, he rigged a single 2 stage toggle switch to run it, and it turns the engine over but no spark. I am thinking he probably only hooked up the starter circuit and thats why its getting no spark. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how I could build a wiring system completely basic, just enough to run the engine and use the electric start. Something simple, because there are no turn signals or lights anymore to worry about, I just need the engine to run! Thanks guys

If I post up a picture of the wires I have to work with, could someone tell me which to hook up to a switch to get the engine running? I am not worried about the starter or lights right now. Just ignition.