Sign in to follow this  

Need some help: XL Chest Protector for MX

Not too long ago I bought a Fox Airframe chest protector and I love it, but sadly one of the shoulder clips broke that straps the front and back together. I've been trying to figure out a way to fix it, but I've just been using my dads in the mean time. I used to mainly ride trails and that chest protector was great for that terrain. Lately I've been getting more and more into motocross and now that I might have to buy another chest protector, I might be looking into something a little less bulky.

From what I've read alot of ppl say the TLD 5955 and 7855 are great, but they don't come in an XL. I've looked at the MotoXvest and tekvest but living in Texas I will get way too hot with those. I just want something that will actually protect me.

If all else fails I'll buy another Fox Airframe, but I'm just looking for some other options. Whatever you guys have to offer is appreciated, just note that I'm looking for something in XL

Hi,

Are you still needing a chest protector? I've got a Fox Airframe silver and black that has been ridden in once, no scratches. It is too large for my son, 5'9", 170 lbs. It is a size large and is actually too big for me too, as I thought about keeping it. I'm 6' and 175. The large Airframe is very adjustable. It can be expanded by moving the bolts to two different holes. I need $75 for the unit. Let me know if this works for you.

sladeputman@yahoo.com

Not too long ago I bought a Fox Airframe chest protector and I love it, but sadly one of the shoulder clips broke that straps the front and back together. I've been trying to figure out a way to fix it, but I've just been using my dads in the mean time. I used to mainly ride trails and that chest protector was great for that terrain. Lately I've been getting more and more into motocross and now that I might have to buy another chest protector, I might be looking into something a little less bulky.

From what I've read alot of ppl say the TLD 5955 and 7855 are great, but they don't come in an XL. I've looked at the MotoXvest and tekvest but living in Texas I will get way too hot with those. I just want something that will actually protect me.

If all else fails I'll buy another Fox Airframe, but I'm just looking for some other options. Whatever you guys have to offer is appreciated, just note that I'm looking for something in XL

Where are you at in Texas? I broke the same part on my Airframe the second ride out and was able to repair it.

I was able to order replacement shoulder parts for the chest protector so its been put back to use. I'm still considering getting some sort of roost protector for the track, but it's not high on my priority list. I'm in Houston.